Search form

menu menu

Can a housewife apply for F+


Hi, I was looking at a condition to apply for F+ card. And it says :

Family members from non-EU/EEA or Switzerland can get an F+ card.
A non-EE/EEA citizen may obtain long-term residence status after five years of uninterrupted stay in Belgium. He must be able to provide evidence of a regular livelihood or sufficient income, as well as adequate health insurance.

According to this, you need to be able to provide evidence of a regular livellihood or sufficient income. So it seems like if you are a housewife you are probably gonna get rejected for F+ card. Anyone who's been a housewife have gotten approved for F+ card?

(I am aware that I can apply for citizenship too but my home country does not allow dual citizenship and I don't really want to lose my original citizenship due to personal reasons.)


On the topic of dual citizenship, if you are given Belgian citizenship the Belgians are not going to tell your home country. The Belgian authorities don't care.
Something like 30 years ago the US changed their rules on dual citizenship when they accepted that there was no way to know what US citizens living abroad were doing.

Jul 7, 2021 12:24