Search form

menu menu



I am embarking on getting planning permission in Brussels for a very simple extension to my house.

I have been to the archives and got my plans, and now am ready to fill out the mountains of forms and do the drawings but I notice you have to put down an architect - I dont want to use one but just a structural engineer to work out the loads on the steel beams etc.

Do I have to use an architect? Why?

Any recommendations from any architects would be useful in the Uccle area

From the archives

We are altering the ground floor of our house in Sint gillis creating a cour and altering the footprint of our house.The commune have said that we can do the plans ourselves I think because it is in a renovation zone.Ask at the commune.If you need an architect expect to pay around 1500euro for the plans.

Aug 22, 2011 10:38

You can try my architect- he's a fresh young man with impressive talent!
Urbanism, modern, and eco!

Jun 9, 2014 12:26

My friend drew her own sketch for a conservatory in Overijse commune, she said they just wanted a sketch. They did come and mesaure it after to ensure it was as she had drawn.
A builder told me if you break a supporting wall you definitely need permission to do any changes to your house. Although rebuilding a shed at the side of our house of less than 40m2 he said we wouldn't need plans as long as after we gave in sketch in after. I need to confirm that with commune before we proceed. I would suggest pop in or ring to your commune and speak the appropriate department they are pretty helpful I think as a rule.

Jun 22, 2015 17:29