Search form

menu menu

To see Podiatrist or orthopedic?


Hello, I have a problem with my aging feet - which makes walking painful these days. Its called plantar fat pad atrophy, where the padding on the ball of foot has so-called lost its `fat' padding.
I know this can sometimes be helped by foot insoles etc but I would like to get it properly diagnosed so that I can get customised insoles, and not those that can be bought off the shelf.
Would any of you know if I should see a podiatrist, or an orthopedic surgeon? and for either, are there any recommendations on who to see?
thanks so much in advance!


I had a similar problem and saw a chiropodist.
He referred me to a specialist in a local clinic and I now have a pair of customised insoles.

Sep 29, 2017 09:57

I went to a local 'bandiste' . they took and imprint of the feet and ordered the insoles

Sep 29, 2017 17:19

I can recommend Dr. Pierre Maldague who is a foot and ankle orthopaedist. He has a private practice and also consults at the Clinique Léopold. Google him for up-to-date contact information.

Sep 30, 2017 12:49

Foot and Ankel Orthopaedist would be best. I have the worst feet through genetics and now they are aging.

Oct 15, 2017 00:32